Friday, March 6, 2009

Making (a tiny bit) $$$ @ Walgreen's

If you ever wonder why in my pictures of my weekly shopping trips there is never any milk, this is why. I don't pay for my milk. I use the money I make at Walgreen's and CVS to buy it.

6 dove deodorants @.99each (The darn store only had 6 - would have been even better if they would have had 8!)
1 Colgate max fresh $3.29
3 Vaseline lotions 2 @$2.69, 1 @$2.61
1 gallon milk $2.79
Total oop: $9.48 (I used a Walgreen's gift card, not money from my pocket)
Got back in RR's (to use like cash) - $13.50
Total profit: $4.02
I guess if you buy 8 dove things you will get back a $10RR! But because I could only buy 6, I only got a $6RR for it. RR stands for Register Rewards.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I admit, after last week's post, I was beginning to wonder what you were doing for milk :)

Deborah said...

Thanks for the tip. I always thought Walgreens was overpriced so I never shop there. I think I need to read your blog to get more educated on this kind of thing. That's pretty cool!