Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls


T.J. got a call about 3pm Wednesday afternoon that he was flying the next day to Pensacola. And when he has a flight there is lots of preparation that goes into them, so he was hurrying to get all his charts, maps, and flight route planned. He had to be at the base at 4:30am! So he had to wake up about 3:45am. It was his first real flight in the P3 and he says he did really well, I'm so proud of him!! But he hasn't been able to catch up on his sleep until this morning. I kicked the kids out of our room and shut the door so he could sleep and decided to make some cinnamon rolls for him and the kids. When he woke up he was pretty excited to see them! The recipe is from my Mom and they are super fast and easy. I started making them about 8:30, and we were eating them by 9:15. Yeah, 9:15 is some major sleeping in at our house ;-) Here's the recipe:
Quick Cinnamon Rolls
1/3 cups sugar, 3Tbs yeast, 1/2 cup oil, 1 1/4 cups warm water. Mix until dissolved; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Mix in 2 beaten eggs to the yeast mixture. Add 1 1/2 tsp salt and 4 1/4 cups flour. I mix this in my kitchen aid for abut 5 minutes until I have a soft dough. Roll dough into rectangle shape. Brush with 1/4 cup melted butter, sprinkle with 1 1/2 T cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cups nuts (3/4 cup raisins optional). Carefully roll dough, seal edges, and slice. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and let rest 10 mins. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Frost with glaze while still hot. Glaze: 2 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup hot water, 1 T soft butter.

8 comments:

Patty said...

Yummy! They looks so good.

Crystal Mason said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try them!

Kimberly Smith said...

I am trying these tomorrow morning. I have been looking for a recipe to try!! Thank You Thank YOu!

Jenn said...

Yeah for TJ and the cinnamon rolls look delicious! I think I need to go do some baking :)

TheGefrom5 said...

Congrats fro TJ, that's really cool! :) And you are doing so good on your budget food menus. I cant' wait to make these cinnamon rolls! Thanks for the recipe. I always am detterrred because the seem to take forever to make, so this sounds great...quick!!!

Holly said...

Thanks for this recipe - it looks delicious. I'll have to give them a try.

Kendra said...

I bookmarked that recipe for a day when Rob doesn't feel like being so healthy. I can't wait! Glad to hear the flight went well.

The McNeil Family said...

Those look yummy I will have to try your recipe