Friday, March 13, 2009

$50 Weekly Menu

This week I spent $50.82 on groceries. I was ok to go over $50 because last week I didn't spend my $50.
Commissary trip $33.20:

Publix trip $6.67:
Target trip $ 2.27 and to read more details about this go here:
Costo trip $8.68 not pictured but I got my usual: 2lbs cheddar & 2 lbs Mozzarella.
Here's what the rest of the groceries were:
(3)Motts applesauce
(6)Cream of Chicken soup
(1)Cream of Mushroom soup
(1)cream of tomato soup
(1)bag goldfish
(1)bottle suave body wash
(2)boxes Banana Nut Cheerios - they great!
(1)Cascade rinse aid
(2)Hellmann's light mayo
(2)Mentos gum
(1)strawberries
bag frozen broccoli
(1)yo-plus yogurt
2lbs butter
whipping cream
half n half
4lbs chicken breast, boneless skinless
Parmesan cheese
5lbs flour
ricotta cheese
jumbo shells
stove top
pie crusts
cream chicken soup
cream mushroom soup
(2) packs mini pringles chips
5lbs potatoes
head of broccoli
white onion
yellow onion
snow peas
garlic
I have my parents here, so 2 extra adults eating. I really wanted to stay within my $50 budget. I had gotten a 20lb Turkey for $9 right after Thanksgiving, so that certainly helped! But, here's what we ate (just dinners listed):
Sunday: White Chicken Lasagna - this recipe was SOOOO good, I'll have to post that later
Monday: Turkey dinner with all the fixin's
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Dad wanted to take us out, he was probably afraid I would have made him eat Turkey again, which I would have!
Saturday: Spanish Spaghetti

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good Job! We are Navy too. Gotta love it.

Dee Dee said...

That's amazing. I spend $50 everytime I walk into the grocery store. And I don't think I have EVER only spent $8 at Costco. More like $208!!!! Good job.

Megan said...

a new challange for you...just watched a lady who eats on 1$ a day. Now this is for just herself but wow,I was amazed at the $50 a week can not imagine the 1$/day