Friday, October 10, 2008

TJ's Wings

TJ got his wings today at the winging ceremony. It was a good day. We got to tour the P-3 and the kids had a blast on the plane. We had cookies in the CO's Conference Room. Then we had a ceremony where TJ and the other 5 students were "winged." There was a couple of really good speakers who spoke on the importance of what these guys are doing. They are the ones making sure someone else's brother, sister, wife, husband, son, daughter, etc. will come home. They are helping keep people on the ground safe. I got to pin TJ's wings on him. The pictures are a little blurry because we weren't allowed to use flash photography. I just got my hair done. I thought I wanted to go darker for winter - I wish I'd stayed blonde! I prefer it blonde, I think it looks awful now. Oh well, in 8 weeks I'll go back and get it done again...blonde. Enjoy the pictures.

TJ's plane - the P-3

Luncheon after ceremony


Tyler in Daddy's hat





Pinning on the wings



9 comments:

Cula said...

AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Megan said...

That would be a great day...very proud moments, congratulations! btw, I think the hair looks very nice!

Aceves Family said...

Look at your cute little family!! congrats on such a great day!! I like your hair...it looks cute.

Jenn said...

How exciting :) Glad TJ's mom could be there, too. I like your hair dark.

Patty said...

I like you hair dark; it looks real nice.

TheGefrom5 said...

HOw exciting! That is so cool. I remember when you huys were just TALKING about TJ becoming a pilot, and now he is one, where does the time go?

Your hair does NOT look bad at all! Its really cute! I do really like your hair blonde though!;)
What does TJ like?

Prescott family said...

Wow that is so cool!! All of his hard work (& your moving around) has paid off. Congrats to TJ (& you too!!).
Andrea

Holly said...

Wow, congratulations to TJ! And your hair looks really nice darker like that :)

David and Jacquee said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. That is such a great accomplishment. Where to now?