Sunday, October 5, 2008

Neighborhood





I love our neighborhood. I couldn't get my kids to go outside and play in Pensacola. I have the opposite problem here - I can't keep them in the house! I had to buy one of those door chime things that lets me know if the door is opening. Tyler's tall enough that he can unlock the chain at the top of the door. Sometimes it's crazy having kids in and out all the time. But for the most part it's pretty fun. We have twin girls in Kindergarten (one in Tyler's class) that live on one side of us, then a boy in kindergarten on the other side of us and his sister who is in 5th grade and LOVES Brena and follows her around, which is good because she makes sure she doesn't go where she isn't supposed to go. And that's just right next to us - that doesn't include all the kids across the street and down the street! Last Friday I was supposed to go to dinner with a friend. TJ was at his last sim flight and was supposed to be home. I couldn't get a hold of him and it was past the time I was supposed to meet my friend for dinner. The neighbor and I were talking in the back yard and somehow I mentioned I was supposed to have been at dinner with my friend. She insisted I leave my kids with her and go. She is a great neighbor and I totally felt comfortable leaving my kids with her. It's good to know you have a neighbor right next door if you ever need anything.

2 comments:

Aceves Family said...

A good neighborhood is the BEST!!!

Jenn said...

That's awesome you're in such a wonderful neighborhood :) It definitely makes all the difference!