Monday, October 20, 2008

Disney World

Disney World - is there anything else to say??? Yes, it was so much fun. Yes, the kids had a GREAT time. Yes, we all want to go back. Some memorable events: we got out of the car and onto the tram to take us to the park and Brena puked on my Mom. We think she got some car sickness. We get to the park and she was feeling warm, really, really warm. We had to buy Tylenol at one of the little shops. I was happy it was only $6.40 for a 2 oz bottle. I thought we would get ripped off. Obviously Brena was sick. We were worried she wasn't going to have a good time, but she was a little trooper and as soon as the tylenol kicked in she was good to go. Until it wore off 4 hours later. We just kept doping her up every 4 hours. There was no motrin, so we had to do with Tylenol. She did have a great time. We also stood in line for over an hour, a VERY slow moving line. What for?? To meet the princesses of course! She LOVED, LOVED, LOVED them. She still talks about them. She was so funny when she met them. She just buried her head in their chest and wrapped her arms around them and wouldn't let go. I was worried Sleeping Beauty and Belle would be offended she was wearing a Cinderella dress, but they seemed ok with it. She did wear a Sleeping Beauty shirt most the day, I should have told that to Princess Aurora. We would go on rides like It's a Small World, Pirates, etc. and Tyler would say "that's so boring!" He is more of a Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain type of kid. It was extremely hot and it seemed a little crowded. Not too bad though.




Papa and Brena on the carousel




I loved this picture of the back of their cute little mouse heads :)


Uh-oh, There is definitely something wrong here!



This is how she greeted all the princesses at first. It was so funny!

See the kiss marks? Those are from her favorite Cinderella.
Brena loved the tea cups, I was worried she was going to puke again, but she didn't.

11 comments:

Cula said...

FUN! I've always wanted to go there. Maybe someday.

Megan said...

Glad you had a great time. Someday we will make it there. Hope Brena is feeling better now.

The McNeil Family said...

Your kids are so big and so Cute! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog? DisneyWorld how fun. We took our kids to dinseyland for the first time this feb. they had so much fun. It was Grandma and Grandpa Carranza's treat!How have you been? Hope this finds you doing well.
Valerie

Prescott family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time inspite of the barfing incident! Poor little thing. I'm glad the Tylenol worked & you were all able to have a great time! Jamey just got back from Orlando but he didn't get to go to any of the amusement parks (thankfully! I would have been mad if he went without us!!!).
Andrea

Patty said...

Did your mom have a good time? Having someone get sick on you is a "not so fun way to begin your day".

We went to Disney World several years ago and had a blast. Reading your entry makes me want to go again.

Idaho Quilter said...

I just stumbled across your blog doing a search for chicken quilt, I want to Thank YOU and your husband for service to OUR country.

The Curtis Clan said...

Looks like fun. Didn't you just go not too long ago? You really never can go too often. Glad Brenna did okay with the tylenol, that could have been just a miserable day.

Jenn said...

Love the pics :) Glad you guys had a fabulous time :)

Aceves Family said...

gotta love the whole Disney experience!!! it is so fun!!

TheGefrom5 said...

I LOVE Disneyland and Disneyworld!!! How fun! I am so glad you guys had a great time. And it totally doesn't surprise me that Brenna got sick, that ALWAYS happens on a special day like those it seems! (At least for me!)

Adrienne said...

Okay, I officially need to move to Florida! Melissa AND Disneyworld is just too good a combination.