Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yipppeee!!!!!!!!!!!!



I hate to brag (most people won't care about this anyway) but I just got the coolest new sewing machine!! TJ says that it is my Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary and Mother's Day present for this year (we will see about that!). It is a Janome 6600. I have been so in love with quilting since I started in September and I have been trying really hard to do my best on my little beginner Kenmore sewing machine, but it just wasn't doing the job. So I begged and begged and I got this one. I can't even begin to describe all the amazing things it does! It has a separate bobbin winder, a large space from side to side and top to bottom that I can easily fit a big quilt into, auto start stop, auto threader, auto scissors! And like 200 stitches (which I will probably not ever use all of them) and I haven't figured out what else yet, but it is cool! And it quilts like none else, it is a DREAM! I don't know how I was even quilting with my other little machine. Now, let's just hope I can figure out how to thread the thing! Oh, and that was my other Christmas present, a huge quilt table, the other side on the right folds out too, but I just have the one side out. I can't wait to finish my quilting and start a new one! Happy quilting :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it! Have fun finding out what all it can do :)

Unknown said...

Cool looking machine! Glad you were able to get it. I wish I could get going on quilting. Seems like one thing or another gets in the way of me getting after that. I'm glad you are doing so well with your quilting! Have fun.

*Melinda* said...

New Machine! I got a new one end of last year. I wish I had room for a quilting table! So do you scrap/stamp or quilt more?