Sunday, January 20, 2008

Purple Patch

I told myself my next quilt had to be a different pattern, since I keep making the same one I thought I should expand my horizons. I decided to try this one. I thought it looked cute in the book and it was a good size to hang on my wall next to all the family pictures and it used all scraps. I spent a few hours cutting out all the little pieces and started putting some of the blocks up to see what it would look like. I started sewing one block together (upper left corner one) and it doesn't fit together! I don't know what the problem is, I double checked my sizes of all my pieces and they are all right. So I am mad at that quilt and decided to move on. I will probably take this and the pattern into my quilt teacher and see if she can tell me what the problem is here.
I really like the M'Liss Rae Hawley books I have and this pinwheel pattern says it is the easiest pattern, so I think I will try it. I already cut out all my material, cut it in half and sewed it to the white. I am going to call it Purple Patch. I hope it works out!

No comments: