Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Dress



I was at Jo Ann's a couple of weeks ago and found this adorable corduroy fabric with little apples in teal and brown and just had to buy it. I decided to make a little jumper for Brena. I think it is pretty cute. I can't seem to get a very good picture of it because the model isn't very cooperative! Also, I really, really need a new camera, ours is horrible. A new camera is the next thing on "the list" of things to get. Anyway, her dress has cute buttons at the top and little pockets on the front. I had a meeting before church today and so TJ dressed her, but he put it on backwards, so during church I was trying to flip it around and Brena thought I was taking her dress off, so that caused a little commotion until I explained to her I was just trying to get her pockets in the front. With the buttons I think the total cost of the dress was about $5! And it only took a couple of hours to make. I had to have some help with the pockets and around the arm sleeves, but it was pretty easy to do. I think I will have to make her another summer one for when it gets really hot! If you click on the picture, you can see the dress a little bit better.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Very cute! :) Your model is just posing for you :)

*J*E*N* said...

so,so cute! I am so proud of you for your new sewing abilities!

Katie said...

You are so amazing! It looks so cute!

*Nicole said...

You are so talented. It looks cute!