Monday, January 28, 2008

Very sad


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet, passed away last night. He was 97 years old. I loved President Hinckley. I will never forget the opportunity I had to be in the celestial room with him of the Vernal, UT, Temple as he was dedicating it. I will never forget the spirit I felt there and from him as I sat a few rows away from him. He had a wonderful sense of humor and I will miss hearing him speak. I know without a shadow of a doubt that he was called to be a Prophet of God in these days, just as there were prophets of old in the Bible. I am grateful I was alive during Pres Hinckley's days. I am grateful for the knowledge I have that he is rejoicing right now at seeing his dear wife and other family members who have already passed on. One of the greatest blessings of my life is being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the peace and happiness it brings into my life. I have had lots of tears, but I know that we will have another Prophet, called by God, to guide and lead us. When I told Tyler President Hinckley had died, he said "Oh no, now I can't go on a mission?" Such a sweetie. I told him that yes, when he turns 19 he will still be able to go on a mission.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Tyler's comment is too cute!!!! :) Kids are so funny with how they perceive things!