Sunday, January 27, 2008

Simple pleasures of life

I had thought because I had a girl, she would be potty trained at 18 months. Usually I am put in my place when I think things like this, and this was no exception. Brena REFUSED, kicking and screaming any attempt to get her to put on pretty princess panties, go anywhere near the toilet, etc. So I just hadn't thought about it in awhile. I was looking at how much I was spending on diapers and wipes the other day and about died. So, I decided to try again. Yesterday I put her in her panties, she didn't have a fit! I put her on the toilet and she was fine with it! So every 15 minutes we were going potty. She was doing so well. She got a peanut m&m if she went potty. So we were going to stake conference last night and I had gotten a babysitter. I couldn't decide what to do, if I should burden the babysitter with taking her to the potty every 15 minutes or just put her in a diaper and forget about it. I finally decided to let the babysitter take over the potty training. The entire night I was worried Brena would poop in her pants for the poor babysitter. We got home about 10:30 and I asked how it went. It went well, no accidents! I said I was so worried she would poop for you. The babysitter said she did - in the toilet!!! I missed her first poop in the toilet! I was so excited. I am sure the babysitter thought I was a little nuts, but it is so exciting! So we have gone 1 1/2 days now with no accidents. I even took her to church this morning in panties! I hope it all continues to go well and I never have to buy a pack of diapers again - ever! Update: just as I was typing this I heard her run down the hall and I followed her. She took off her pants and got on the toilet and went poop!!! I was jumping up and down, so I finally got to see her go :) Can you tell I am excited??!!


4 comments:

*Nicole said...

HOoray!! That is so exciting. It is so hard. I miss you!

Jenn said...

YEAH, Brena!!!! How exciting :) Hope it continues to go well.

Holly said...

*Chuckle* Do you ever watch the show "John & Kate Plus 8"? You reminded me of Kate when her first sextuplet pooped in the toilet. She went around telling all the others what a good pooper the one was and took her picture (and a picture of the poop!). Yeah, it's an exciting time. I know you won't miss changing those diapers.

*J*E*N* said...

You are preaching to the choir girl!!!! Halle was so traumatized by pooping in her Hello Kitty panties that she demanded a diaper!