Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

Tyler didn't have school today and there was a parade downtown (the parades here are amazing) so I was brave and took the kids by myself down to the parade (TJ had to study, oh and I have some interesting, if not scary facts to share about that in a minute). They had a blast. It is just crazy to me how much stuff they throw out at the parades, and they have parades all the time, for everything! Here are some pictures of the day. It is really hard to judge the depth of the candy pile, I think, from this picture. Just know that I now have more candy after a parade than I did after Halloween! Oh and a TON of moon pies - what are moon pies???!!! I had my first one today and I LOVE them!!




















As for the statistics that TJ gave me, here they are: of 6,000 applicants a year to flight school (military) only 2,000 are accepted. Of that 2,000 only about 1,200 to 1,500 actually finish the program and get their wings. If you are married with kids (that's us!) you only have about a 1 in 5 shot of making it! EEEKKK!! That is what they told him the beginning of school last week. I said "how many married with kids people are in your class?" He said "5." So only 1 of them will make it?? He has his first test tomorrow, I will let you all know how he does :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Best wishes for TJ's test tomorrow!

Jenn said...

He'll make it!!! :) He doesn't give in easily. Looks like the parade was fun!