Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Butter

I have been dying to make homemade butter - I have never done it. My friend Kendra posted it on her blog and she found it here. Last night I had to make bread because we were out. While TJ did our taxes (glad that's over!) the kids and I made butter and ate some fresh bread with fresh butter - wow was it good! I put honey and popcorn salt into the butter to make us some honey butter. I probably won't make butter all the time, but it's fun for a treat now and then. This is our buttermilk from out butter






4 comments:

Patty said...

We like making butter and do it a couple of times each year. It is especially fun to make when company is coming over; sometimes I will get out an antique butter churn and let the kids take turns “churning”.

Holly said...

Wow girl, you have so many talents. I've never made butter.

Prescott family said...

I love your sons face! Is he really that excited about making butter? You go girl!!!
Andrea

Kendra said...

Yay! I'm so glad you tried it! I haven't done it since that first night. I really need to do it again. Glad it turned out so good. You can tell the kids loved it :)