Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to me - yesterday

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. It was ok. Then I got my present in the mail from my sister today and I was SO excited. It was the best present ever! I hate to brag but she mailed me a TON of coupons!!!!!! Thanks Steph - you rock!! You totally made my day ;-)
Seriously though, I did have a great birthday - thanks for all the calls, cards & emails, I loved it! My friend was here from Pensacola so she took me out for lunch yesterday - thanks Jen! She also watched our kids for us Thursday night while TJ and I went out for dinner. I have been hearing a lot lately about The Melting Pot. Monday - Thursday are half price for active duty military so we tried it out. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! It was amazing. SOOOO good. The whole experience was just awesome. I highly recommend eating there and doing the full course dinner. You start with cheese fondue, then salad, then meat that you cook yourselves at your table, then the chocolate fondue! YUMMY! I told TJ that's where we are going for our anniversary in a few months.

10 comments:

Aceves Family said...

Hope you had a great b-day!!! What a nice friend to watch your kids and let you go out...sounds like you had a great time!!

Patty said...

What a wonderful gift; a gift that keeps giving!

Barbie and Craig said...

Happy Birthday, friend! That's hilarious about the coupons! What a great sister! I can't believe it's been so long since we've hung out... I am totally banished to the mother's lounge and the YW room at church, so I never see you there either. Crazy! We should do dinner sometime :)

Jenn said...

Glad your birthday overlapped a few days. That always seems to make it a bit better :)

Vivid Vinyl said...

Happy Birthday! Coupons - nearly the best present EVER! I'm glad you had a good day!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a nice time. I have wanted to try The Melting Pot as well, like you, I have heard it is really good. Keep trying to go either when we are in Kansas City or at convention but no go yet...someday...again Happy Birthday!

Holly said...

Happy, happy Birthday! The coupons were a very thoughtful gift that took time and effort.

KC and DL said...

Happy birthday! I may not remember the day of your birthday, but I do remember your phone number from like 25 years ago! Thanks for your comment on my blog about my Dad. You are so sweet. :)

TheGefrom5 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry I am such a bad friend and forgot! I hope you had a greta time, it sounds like that dinner was delicious! I love fondue. And sweet coupons! Whata great gift! Happy BDay! Love ya!

Dee Dee said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good time. Nice to get that babysitting, too!