Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Food & Menu

I decided that to keep me motivated on my $50/week grocery budget I am going to post every Friday my menu I used this past week and the groceries I got. This week I spent $47.66 total on groceries. Not pictured is $14.65 of it - a large thing of honey & a bag of salad. I need the honey to make our bread and I was out of honey - so obviously that was a huge chunk of my budget this week. Besides the honey ($10.45), everything in the pictures was $37.21!
Publix trip

Commissary trip
I had put one of my favorite soups on the menu for this week and low and behold Publix put velveeta on sale for me! I got velveeta for .84 cents each - you cannot beat that! I was super excited about that! And I needed to take some junk food to a super bowl party and was equally stoked about the french onion dip for .49cents and crackers for .79cents. Not bad!
Our menu for this week was as follows:
Sunday - dinner at friend's house
Monday - Manicotti
Tuesday - leftovers (not planned but we had a lot left from last night) Ham stromboli was on the menu - so that will get moved to sometime next week.
Wednesday - Salad & Chicken
Thursday - leftovers from freezer (been & rice burritos)
Friday - Tonight is date night so we will be going to Olive Garden - kids are eating grilled cheese sandwiches
Saturday - Hearty Winter Soup (a couple of weeks ago I found hams deeply discounted at the commissary because they were almost expired. I got a 4lb one, cut it up and put it in baggies in the freezer for different meals throughout the month).
And, I thought I wasn't really doing food storage - but I was wrong. I am just not buying as much. So, I will probably end up having to give a lot of food away to people when I move, which is fine. The stuff was too cheap to pass up.

2 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

I like your ideas! Did I tell you I have been making a 1 month plan of dinners. I have stuck to it for the past 6wks. Oh and I like your profile picture. You are so pretty! :)

Jenn said...

AWESOME!! :) Send me your manicotti recipe...I haven't found one I'm absolutely in love with yet.