Friday, February 27, 2009

$50 Weekly Menu

This was by far my best shopping week yet. I spent $49.78. Here's what that got us:
4 pounds ground beef
2 bags chips
2 packs crystal light
2 boxes chicken broth
2 bags chex mix
2 boxes jolly time popcorn
2 boxes Post Trail Mix cereal
3lbs shortening
2 packs yoplait yo-plus yogurt
2lbs margarine
2 packs yoplait kids yogurt
18 eggs
1 mozzarella cheese
1 cheddar cheese
1 pack frozen veggies
1 pack Hillshire Farms ham
2.17 lbs chicken breast
1 pack tortillas
1 pack buns
1 loaf bread (giving myself a break from making bread this week!)
fresh broccoli
2lbs carrots
red leaf lettuce
garlic
orange
green onions
bananas
grape tomatoes
Here is what we ate with that:
Sunday: White Chicken Chili, wheat cornbread muffins
Monday: Pizza, salad
Tuesday: Leftovers from Sunday
Wednesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, salad, jello
Thursday: Orange Chicken, rice, veggies
Friday: Date Night! Kids eating hot dogs & beans
Saturday: BBQ Beef Sandwiches, jello, veggies

6 comments:

Kendra said...

How the heck did you get all that for under $50?!?

You need to call me. I'm having Melissa withdrawal.

Dee Dee said...

That's amazing. I don't know how you get such good deals. I spend your monthly allowance in 1 week, but having teenage boys doesn't help!! I'm certainly not the bargain hunter like you are. Keep up the good work!

Vivid Vinyl said...

Was this last week Publix or this week?

Keep up the good work!

One day, when my grocery store type food food storage is at 4 months I'll put my self on a budget. Well I kinda am I spend $150 every 2 1/2 weeks, but I also have to get my diapers and other young kid products with that. But I know I'm up to nearly 2 month of food and 6+ months on toiletries.

Jenn said...

You did EXCELLENT this week :)

Megan said...

Great Job!!My budget is similiar at $55./week

Couponing is so fun ay!!

*J*E*N* said...

I NEED your orange chicken recipe-my kids love it as much as candy!