Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chicken Quilt





Well, I finally finished the chicken quilt. The first picture is of just the top, the next 3 pictures are of the finished quilt. It is so cute! I just need to hand sew the binding down, and it is totally done. I stipple quilted it, I got up my nerve and just did it. That's the first time I have done that. It turned out ok, there are some spots that I'm not too happy with, but not enough to go and pick them out!
We haven't been doing much around here. The kids are in swim lessons, so by the time I get Tyler from school, get homework done, get to swim lessons, come home, eat dinner, get kids into bed, there's not a lot of time for much else. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE Jacksonville! The best part is I only gas up my big Expedition once every 3 weeks or so, where in Pensacola I had to fill up usually more than once a week. Everything I need is just 1-2 miles from my house, it's great! If it weren't for all the heat and humidity (we are still over 90 degrees with probably that much humidity) I really think I could live here the rest of my life. But, TJ's in the NAVY, so that's not going to happen! But, I will really enjoy living here while we're here.

6 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE the finished product...Job well done again :-)

Michele said...

Adorable quilt! I love the thread you used. It looks like you did a fabulous job!

Aceves Family said...

Oh my gosh that is a great quilt!! I think that you did a great job!! Is it nice to have it done?

David and Jacquee said...

What an awesome quilt! Every time I see that you have finished another quilt it makes me pull out more fabric and start another one. I love your creativeness!

TheGefrom5 said...

Beautiful job ont he quilt! Life seems to be so filled now with the boys starting kinder, huh? Its weird, having time without them, you would think you get more done...but dropping off, picking up, preparing, homework, etc...its a lot!! Maybe other moms don't feel that way, but I sure do!

Do your kids like swim?

Jenn said...

So glad you're liking Jacksonville :) You did fabulous on your quilt...so cute!!!