Sunday, September 21, 2008

My sister Kim - the killa'

So my sister forwarded these pictures to me of her and her hubby's recent, successful, hunting trip. My sister is definitely from a different mold than me. As Kim was gutting her - I think this is an Antelope?? - she says "you know Patrick, you are lucky you married me because neither one of my sisters would ever be doing this." Yep, that is absolutely certain - I might break a nail or get blood on my clothes. Yes Patrick, you married the "outgoing" sister! So, now Patrick will be going out again to get his Elk next. They grind their own meat, so they never buy meat at the store. I am totally into saving money and all (as you have probably seen from my previous posts recently) - but I will never, never, eat antelope or elk. And no, I am not a "don't kill animals" girl, I just prefer my meat to come from the cows in my parents back yard, or the (beef) at the store, whatever, I am just a beef, chicken girl!


Awww, look - the two can RIP together, she even let their little heads rest on something, oh my - is that their bodies?? My sister is so thoughtful!



Yup, that's my little sister - I don't know where she came from.

That would be Patrick - hmm, Patrick I think Kim's animal looks bigger than yours???

5 comments:

Megan said...

yup, I am with you...I will leave the hunting (and gutting) to the others and get my meat done for me at the store!! Even when Andy hunted (hasn't hunted since we moved to Kansas...just not the same) he didn't dare bring it home to clean etc.

Love the new family picture!

Holly said...

You crack me up :) I know meat comes from animals but I'd rather see mine in a styrofoam/cellophane package with a price tag on it even though it is filled with hormones. Good for them, though!

Prescott family said...

Yikes! Your sister is crazy! I didn't realize that people couldn't just buy meat in Colorado!? Or is living in Alabama or something (just kidding!). You sure are different than your sister!

Andrea

Patty said...

This story makes me miss home. My dad goes deer hunting every year and you just can’t beat deer meat, it taste so good!

I really like the new blog photo of the family.

Kendra said...

I'll eat any meat, but only from the store :) Those pictures totally crack me up for some reason, and I love it! I'm just like you though, no blood and guts for me, thank you very much!