Sunday, September 28, 2008

Walgreens Double Dippin'

I really feel sorry for those of you who don't have a CVS, so hopefully you have a Walgreens (wags) to take advantage of big savings! Wags has what is referred to as Double Dipping days. Around the last of the month, for two days, you can use coupons from a Wags' coupon book (found on display at the front of the store) for that current month, plus the next month that will be starting. In addition to that, they will let you use Manufacturer's coupons on top of the Wags coupons! So here's what I did:

(1) Glad Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator

(1)Glade Scented Oil Candles

(1)Revlon Nail Color

(1)Crest Pro Health toothpaste

(1)Excedrin

(3)Garnier Products that came with free products & 2 $1 coupons!

(1)Pert Plus 2-in-1

Total: $47.01

Total coupons & Wag savings: $23.80

Total OOP: $23.21

TJ was like "that's not that impressive"...oh, but wait!!!!!! Wags has a great rebate program. Through their website, you enter in your receipt and check the items you bought that have a rebate (it's so easy!). They then mail you a check for the amount of the rebates - or instead of a check you can choose a Wags' gift card with the amount of rebates - plus 10%!! So, here is what I will get back from Wags - $29.55 (includes my 10%). Do you see what I see?? YEP - I got all that stuff in the picture for free and I made $6.34. Also, the two glade items I can't file for the rebate until the end of October which is an extra $3 in rebates - so technically I will have made $9.95 (.30 cents from 10%). So, be ready for Walgreens Double Dipping days next month!

One more thought - can you imagine how much you could save in your lifetime if you never had to buy things like shampoo, conditioner, pain pills, toothpaste, etc. ever again????? After two weeks of couponing I have what I think is quite a bit of that stuff - that I didn't pay for, made money on, or paid very little for. I probably won't be able to use it all at some point, but anytime people come over or my family comes to town, be prepared to take home some shampoo!

2 comments:

angie and graham said...

very thrifty, melissa. miss you guys! hey, love the blonde. it looks great on you.

Rebecca said...

Hey there! Way to go! I'm blog-stalking you, now :)