Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow!



I usually keep my most personal thoughts to myself, but tonight I just had to share. TJ and I were watching all the political stuff going on in Ohio today and my jaw dropped when I heard who McCain's running mate was. I have never heard of her before, but I was just surprised I guess that he choose a woman. Don't get me wrong, I think its great - and when McCain started introducing her, I just wanted to see who she was. I was literally crying when she came out and they were talking about her family, especially her oldest son who enlisted in the Army and her newest little one. I love her! What a wonderful woman McCain has chosen as his running mate. TJ's cousin lives in Alaska and has lived there for a long time, so I have been trying to get a hold of her to see what she thinks. I have searched all over the internet on anything I can find on her, and I have to say, I am very impressed. Some of my big concerns are that she be pro-life, which she is, and that she be against gay marriage - which she is. She states specifically that "I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman." And, I love that she has been married to her high school sweetheart for 20 years :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am so excited about Palin, too!! I've never been this excited about an election in all my voting years.

Cula said...

The more i hear about her the more i like her.

sdheinens said...

MELISSA! Its Brook Heinen (epperson) whatever! Ok so I was looking at Heathers blog and saw your last name and clicked and I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your hair blond. Is that a new picture??? Well I don't have a blog but you can email whenever if you want. kbheinen@gmail.com. Hope you are doing well. ♥Brook

TheGefrom5 said...

I agree! Thanks for sharing your views! :)