Sunday, March 16, 2008

One year anniversary

I can hardly believe we have lived in Pensacola for one year. In some ways the time has flown by, in others it's seemed to drag - I am sure you know what I mean, right? I thought I'd post some top reasons I know I am living in Pensacola. Please, if you get offended easily, don't read this! This is just for fun, it is my opinion and I do NOT mean to offend anyone who loves Pensacola. I have to say I have LOVED all the people I have met here and I have enjoyed living here immensely, it is just a tad different living in the south than out west :) Ok, here goes, you know you are living in Pensacola when:



There was a Semi-truck parked in a gas station off of a local freeway for a couple of months that professed to be an actual church! It had meeting times posted on it, and there were actual stained glass windows painted on the sides to make it look like a church. There was also Luke 14:23 posted on the back of the semi trailer, indicating its true purpose for being there.



You can get a free Bible on most any side of the road you choose on most any day.



You pass (literally) a church on every street corner, all representing different denominations - some I have never even heard of.



I think it is usually at the end of the spring semester, but there are always people on every corner yelling and crying repentance unto you



Most people say "oh, bless her/his heart" - does that mean the person has a heart condition???



I have heard a few people complain about "dumb Yankees" - what???!!! I thought the civil war was over?



I see lots of bumper stickers that say "American by birth, southern by the Grace of God" I actually called my sister the first time I saw this bumper sticker, I was laughing so hard.



There is a Baptist Church in Pensacola that I believe is bigger than some Football Stadiums I have seen. At one of these mega churches, there is a sheriff posted at an intersection, controlling the signal box, making sure these poor souls don't wait too long at their stop light. Must be nice to be a part of that church, and to have the local sheriff in your back pocket!



It's not called a shopping cart, it's called a buggy.



If you don't like the weather, just stick around for a day. It will change. And it will change drastically... heck it might even change drastically in the same day. I've seen more thunderstorms here in one year than I have in my entire life. It sure can rain here!



"Fixinto" is one word




If your not careful the fire ants will have a picnic with your skin - my kids can attest to that, there are more fire ant hills here than churches - and that's saying something!



One year down, who knows how long to go :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Most days it feels like you've been gone longer!!!! Can't wait until July :)

Maurine said...

How about if you've ever run around "necked" or ever bought tickets to the "wrastlin" show?!