Friday, March 21, 2008

Just another day at work...

For my husband that is. One of his classmates made a video of what they have been doing. It is kinda long, but if you like seeing people rescued from water by helicopter and dunked under water, you might enjoy it. It was interesting for me to see him and what he has been doing every day. This is my husband's actual class and he is in the photos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc6_p3aXFCQ

On a sad note, two pilots were killed last week in their T-34 (what all the students train in). Here is a write up from the paper about that:http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080314/NEWS01/80314041/1006 TJ came home with the standard paperwork that had some very hard questions that I had to answer. It wasn't fun and I don't really want to think about it, but I guess it has to be done. They were very specific questions (and a lot of them) about who I want to come to the house with the person who will be telling me the bad news, or if I don't want anyone to come at all with the informer (don't know his/her specific title). If I want the NAVY to inform our families or if I want to be the one to do the phone calls, and many others. It was very hard and I had to think about it a little. I will be always praying that I won't be a wife who gets that knock at the door....

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! A lot to think about for sure....and not very pleasant things to think about as well. Fun video...the kids enjoyed watching it and kept trying to find TJ :) I heard about that accident and wondered about you guys....but figured no news is good news.

Holly said...

Oh... answering those questions and having to think along those lines is tough for sure. Cool video.

*Melinda* said...

That's got to be fun for TJ! thanks for sharing I enjoyed seeing the video. Hope you are good:)