Saturday, March 29, 2008

Birthday Party

Before you had kids, do you remember those things you said you would never do once you did have kids? Well, one of my things was I would never have a birthday party for my children. I think that with family, it's fine, but I swear getting invited to 5 birthday parties every month is just ridiculous. I was only allowed birthday parties when I turned 5, 8, and 12. I think that's what I am going to do with my kids. Anyways, we had our very first, ever, birthday party today. As you know from my previous post, Tyler turned 5 on Wednesday and he had been really wanting to have a birthday party, so we had today set up for his party. If you can't tell from the pictures, it was a Pirate Party. It went well, he had a good time and I think all the kids did too. We made mini pizzas and then we had a treasure hunt, that was a blast. The treasure at the end of the hunt was a pirate ship pinata. So then we took turns hitting the pinata. After the collection of candy we went in and ate our pizzas. Then did cake and presents. It was fun and I am sticking to my decision to only have parties at 5, 8 and 12 years of age - so I don't have to do another party for a couple of years :) Here are some pictures of the day's events.
The Invitations


Me pretending to decorate cakes again.



Mini pizza making


Pinata, pinata!!



Blow those candles out!



Presents for the birthday boy!

5 comments:

Holly said...

The cake and invitations turned out awesome. Sounds like a fun party! You are so talented. I felt the same way about birthday parties and told my kids they would only get two where they could invite friends. I think my daughter ended up with a few more than my son but for the most part I stuck to that decision.

Jenn said...

Cute, Cute :) I'm with you for sure about the birthday parties. We've only done the one b-day party so far...someday I'll have to do another one I guess. I'm so tired of both of the older kids getting invited to at least 2 b-day parties a month. It makes it very hard for real family time....although, sometimes we all enjoy the parties as a family!

Anonymous said...

cute cards!! looks like fun!

*Nicole said...

What a fun birthday! You are such a great mom. I want to be more like you!!!!!!!

Katie said...

That looks like fun! Your cake was beautiful.