Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tornado!!!!


I don't know if you can tell from this picture the amount of rain we are having today. I thought we were just having a normal storm, these thunder storms with torrential rains happen down here on a regular basis. But, my mom called me all worried because my dad had called her from work to tell her we were having a tornado! I didn't even know that. Apparently we had 3 of them. Part of the roof of the mall and the target were ripped off and a few houses destroyed. We are all fine, like I said, I just thought we were having another little rain storm. The only bad part of all this for us is it was opening night at the big fair tonight and now we can't go :( Oh, and doesn't this picture just make you want to curl up in front of a fire and drink hot cocoa? NOT!! it is still 80 degrees with 94% humidity! We are still in our shorts, t-shirts & flip flops around here! We keep having people tell us it does cool off here and we have nice cool weather in the winter, I am still waiting for any sign of that!

No comments: