Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Books

I LOVE to read and normally I have a little more time to read, but at the moment because of quilting, I really don't have much time. So I figured I could read 3 books at the same time, that way I could still get everything in (it makes sense to me!). I was reading Big Hair and Flying Cows for Book Club, it was a pretty funny book. At the same time I am also reading Fishers of Men by Gerald Lund and a book series by Beverly Lewis. Fishers of Men is the first book in the series the Kingdom and The Crown. It is 640 pages long. It took me a few weeks to really get into it, but I am really liking it now and I only have about 100 pages to go. I LOVE the book series by Beverly Lewis. It is titled Abram's Daughters and there are 5 books. The first book is The Covenant. I am reading number 4 right now and I can't get enough of that series. They are REALLY good books. It is set in the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country and it is about some families there. The books are fiction. So if you are looking for some good books, I highly recommend them to everyone. Now I gotta go read some more. Oh yeah, and I didn't have piano lessons last night after all, my teacher's mother passed away. Sad, but not unexpected. They had been waiting for it to happen for a few months, so I get more time to practice now :)

2 comments:

*J*E*N* said...

Melissa you have a blog, YEAH! Now I can see your cute family. We miss you so much! I am going to link ok?

Jenn said...

You are always reading a fun new book! Wow!!! How do you keep up to 3 different story lines??? I'll have to start reading one of these.