Monday, October 15, 2007

Food Storage Recipe

Some of you might know I am obsessed with food storage. I don't really know why, maybe it is the fact I really like to eat and the thought of ever going without good food scares me really bad, so I would like to make sure I always have good food to eat :) I thought I would share a pretty good recipe with you. I hesitate to call it a "food storage" recipe because in reality food storage should just be what you regularly eat every week multiplied by 52. But this is something you can say "food storage" for because everything in it is canned or stores well. This is chicken and rice casserole.
Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups water
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 or 2 cans of chicken breast depends on how much chicken you like. I use 2 cans (I really like the canned chicken from Costco)

Instructions:
Mix rice, both soups & water together & place rice mix in a large greased baking pan. Place chicken on top & sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. Cover with foil and prick holes in top with fork. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or 250-300 for 2 hours.

Bon Appetit!!!

No comments: