Monday, December 10, 2007

Self-Cleaning Oven??

Yesterday I had a fire in my oven. I have never had a fire in my oven before. It scared me. I was yelling outside to TJ to come in quick! I knew my oven needed to be cleaned, I just have never cleaned an oven before, besides turning the oven to "clean." I actually didn't even know there were ovens that weren't self cleaning! So I wrote oven cleaner on the grocery list and checked on my hamburger buns (another story) in the oven. And there was a fire! I turned the oven off and TJ came in and put it out for me. All is well now, I am cleaning the oven today. My hamburger buns were a little smokey tasting :) Do you have a self cleaning oven?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

hee, hee...it's kind of surprising some times to what we're so use to having! We had a non-self cleaning oven at our first apt. after we were married. The spray smells terrible!!! Hope you don't have any more fires :)