Monday, December 17, 2007

Funny story - but not so funny story

This morning at about 7am the phone rang and it was the RS pres. She was crying and told me she had really bad news. One of the families in our ward just had their 18 y.o. daughter, Rachel, go away to college over in AL. Last night she was abducted after she got off work. Her roommate woke up about 3am and called the police when she realized Rachel wasn't home yet. The police called her parents about 5am and they went right away up to AL. I was crying all morning, I called my mom and sisters and told them to pray they would find her, I even emailed Andrea in Italy because they were friends when they lived here. Well about 11 or so I got another call they had found Rachel. She had spent the night at a friend's house. Obviously we were all relieved. But still, to get that kind of a phone call - can you even imagine???? Anyways, all is well. I was even being extra loving to my kids all morning, thinking how grateful I was they were safe and sound with me :) And I have a card update - I have gotten lots more Christmas cards now - yeah! Oh, and an update on Piper who swallowed the penny...she did have surgery and they got the penny out and she is fine - we just had lunch with them today. I also got Christmas presents from my parents and grandparents in the mail today - life is good! 8 days 'till Christmas and 12 days 'till mom and dad get here.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow!! Sounds like a crazy day...pretty emotional to say the least! Glad everything turned out good...how scary!!!

*Nicole said...

That is my worst nightmare

Holly said...

Oh, I'm glad everything turned out alright. What a scare!

Your kids are so cute. I love that Christmas party idea your ward did. I'll have to remember that one.

Merry Christmas!!!