Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A lot happened in a week

The entire inside of the house (and garage) was painted (an ugly beige I might add, we will have to do some painting when we move in). We have baseboards and doors throughout the entire house. The cabinets are all in, in the kitchen and bathrooms. The counter tops are all in too. It was dark and rainy when I was trying to take pictures tonight, so everything looks kind of dark to me. We are supposed to get the carpet and wood floors in next week. It's so close to being done! I didn't want to leave the new house tonight, I just wanted to stay there forever. I didn't want to come back to this other house. I want to move in SO bad!!!!!!!! But, I figured sleeping on the cement slab wouldn't be too comfortable, so we went home.


Trying to get a better shot of the granite. I really like the silver that is speckled throughout it.

9 comments:

Patty said...

Wow, the house is coming along so quickly! Your kitchen looks so spacious.

Unknown said...

It is so PRETTY- I don't blame you... I wouldn't have wanted to leave it either!

Jenn said...

YEAH!!!!!! It looks awesome :) Does Tyler have to transfer schools w/ the new house?

The McNeil Family said...

Looks good I love the granite and cabinets the are beautiful

Laura said...

Melissa- It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! Can we move in with you??

Kimberly Smith said...

This all looks soo awesome. So happy for you to be seeing so much progress. You are going to be able to do some serious baking in that kitchen. Tyler looks so cute in those previous posts. Good for him with the yellow belt.

Kendra said...

Again, I am so jealous! I love the cabinets and granite you picked. You have great taste :)

Megan said...

looks awesome, I wouldnt have wanted to leave either. do they have a projected date for it to be ready?

Adrienne said...

I love new houses because they are clean!