Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Going over budget :(


I wrestled with myself over this decision and almost didn't do it. The sale ends today and I was trying to hold off. But, I gave in and went and bought the yogurt. It was on sale at Publix for .50, there are $1/4 mfq's here and a Target q here for $1/8. My Publix lets me stack mfq's with store q's. With the combined q's, I got 16 things of yogurt (my very favorite kind that I eat all the time) for $1.92 - just .12 cents each! So my total for groceries went up to $205.53. I am still happy with that.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Ok, I thinking you're being just a tad bit too hard on yourself. $0.12 yogurt? You're just too awesome :)

*J*E*N* said...

OH NO MELISSA!!!!!! OVER BUDGET!!!! I feel guilty everytime I read your blog-love ya crazy!

Aceves Family said...

sometimes you got to do what you got to do...do not stress about going over a few dollars--it is not worth the mind power that it drains!!! just have a $10-$20 cash back up envelope that you can access for these kinds of great sale occations--then replace the money spent over the next couple weeks by cutting $1 here and there. You are really doing great in your efforts and I think it was worth it. Truth is sometimes the sales all come in one week. That is why we have freezers--hee hee