Thursday, January 15, 2009

$50 weekly grocery budget - update


We only spent $47.74 on groceries last week. I ran to Publix Tuesday night to grab a couple of their steals. So this week I have only spent $8.09 on groceries! But, I do really need to get to the store to get some essentials. Here are the steals I got at Publix.

Pepperidge Farm Toast .34cents a box! (Parmesan flavor)
Pepperidge Farm Toast .50 cents a box (five cheese)
Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks: .28 cents a box
5 lb bag of potatoes
1 lonely tomato - I am the only person who will eat them!
1 bag salad
And I HAD to have some ice cream - it was on sale!
Total oop: $8.09
The cashier told me I was a "smart shopper." ;-)

4 comments:

Prescott family said...

I still don't know how you do it. I haven't been back to whatever the name of that store is (brain freeze) to get the card... But can I tell you, I love TEXAS TOAST!! Yum.
Thanks for sharing your smart shopping!!!
Andrea

Dee Dee said...

Whatever you do, DON'T tell my husband. He'd expect me to start shopping smart. I don't know how you do it, but that's great!!

Jenn said...

Good for you! :)

Holly said...

I'm impressed. Just goes to show people can save money if they want to.