Friday, January 9, 2009

Lots of pictures crammed into one post

We flew to Colorado for Christmas on December 22. I took Brena to urgent care that morning before we left because she was complaining about her ear. OF course she had a double ear infection - that makes 8 ear infections for the year! The doctor told me we couldn't fly...what???!!! We were leaving in 5 hours! I was so upset. Of course I didn't want to cause permanent damage to my baby girl's ears, but those tickets were non-refundable (and expensive!). SO, being the bad mom I am...we went. But, she was totally drugged up. She was an ANGEL the entire way. And it was a long trip. A. Very. Long. Trip. We flew from Jacksonville to Atlanta. Then Atlanta to Denver. We still had to go from Denver to Grand Junction. It was late at night. Our flight from Denver to Grand Junction was delayed. Then it was cancelled all together. No big deal I thought - we will just leave in the morning. Nope, the next available seats they could book us for was 2 days later!!!!!!! Being the spoiled girl I am, I called my Daddy :) He left Grand Junction right away (it was midnight CO time). It was 2am to us. We got a shuttle to a local hotel and spent the night. My Dad arrived at 9:30am the NEXT MORNING! A 4-hour drive took him 9 1/2 hours. The interstate was closed in Vail, so he had to take an alternate route. What a mess! The return flight home to FL on Monday was not much better - but I'll spare you the long and boring details of that. I'll just say that I am NEVER flying again (of course I reserve the right to change my mind on that!). So, now here are lots of pictures. Santa came to our house in FL on December 22, so some photos are from FL, some from CO.


10 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so glad you posted again :) Brena...Brena...you need to take care of those ears so you don't stress out your mommy. Has an ENT been discussed at all? Tubes are the way to go :) What a crazy flying day!!! Glad you're home again.

Megan said...

sorry about the plane hassles both there and on the way home but glad that your visit while away was a good one...welcome home!

Unknown said...

Yea, we were talking tubes in Pensacola, then we moved. So, when I take her to the doctor for the next one we will probably discuss it.

Unknown said...

I am also happy you posted again! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas besides the hassel with flying!

Patty said...

Goodness, I bet your glad to be home again and away from the airport!

TheGefrom5 said...

HOw annoying!! What a nightmare. I hope it was worth it though (And it looks like it was) to spend christmas with your family. Brielle got the SAME exact leapster like brena for Christmas too!! :) I guess even though they are miles apart, they are still doing the same things!!:) How cool is that?! I'm glad to hear from you and that you had a great christmas ;)

Aceves Family said...

Santa comes to our house early when we go somewhere else for Christmas too. He is soooo smart!! Glad to hgear that you made it through!! Good luck with the ear thing.

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas despite the travel woes. I love that picture of you and your sister. The quilts pictured are beautiful.

angie and graham said...

way cute pictures. your kids are getting so big and so cue! we miss you guys!

*J*E*N* said...

What a disaster!!!! Im glad you eventually made it home for Christmas:) Dads are the best!