Monday, April 21, 2008

Strawberry Pie as promised

I got a strawberry pie made Saturday night. It is now gone. In my defense, I have to say I only had one slice. TJ ate the rest. Apparently he doesn't worry about his butt being too big to fit into his flight suit - or the cockpit for that matter - I've seen that cockpit - it's really small. I on the other hand have to worry about things like my butt being too big to fit into my swimsuit - another thing he doesn't have to worry about - arrghhh! Ok, so here it is and my favorite part of this recipe is that you just dump the stuff for the crust into your pie plate and mix it up in there. Preheat your oven to 400.


Dump 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup oil, 2 TBS sugar, 2 TBS milk, 1/2 tsp salt into your pie plate (I don't grease the pie plate). Mix it all up and press up the sides of the pan like this:

Now, in a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, 3 TBS corn starch, 2 TBS white karo syrup and 1 cup water. Heat to medium high stirring constantly. It will turn into a thicker, clear substance after it's been cooking, that's when you take it off the stove and add 3 TBS of strawberry jello to it. Let it cool completely.
After your pie crust has cooked for 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.


Slice as many strawberries as you want into your pie crust until there is enough strawberries in there for you - we like a lot of strawberries in our pie. Then dump your glaze over your strawberries. I set mine in the fridge for a while, to let it set up a little. Then we slice it and serve it with fresh whipped cream - yummy!! Enjoy :)

Strawberry Pie
Crust
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
2 TBS sugar
2 TBS milk
1/2 tsp salt
Mix and press into pie pan. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Filling
1 cup sugar
3 TBS corn starch
2 TBS white karo syrup
1 cup water
cook over medium high heat stirring constantly until thick and clear. Remove from heat and add 3 TBS strawberry jello. Mix and let cool. Cut up berries and put into pie, pour syrup mixture over strawberries.

5 comments:

Cula said...

YUMMY! I will be making that this week.

Prescott family said...

Too bad I don't like strawberry's. Crazy huh? Hey, I don't have your email address anymore - do you still have mine? Email me some time I have a question for you :o) Looks like you are doing well in Florida!

Adrienne said...

Looks great! Congratulations on only having one piece. You're a better woman than me :)

Hey remember those scooter pies your family used to bring to reunions? Do you have the recipe for those? I haven't had one in like, 15 years.

Anonymous said...

That looks really good and I am not a pie fan. It is tempting...

Jenn said...

Yummy!!!