Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So busy!

I couldn't figure out why I have been so busy lately, not getting ANYTHING done! I figured it out, there are two reasons: 1 - I can't stop reading Stephenie Meyers' books! 2- I have to help TJ study ALL the time - I swear I know all the checklists, safety procedures and I can talk the lingo to the towers too! I could be qualified to be a NAVY pilot! TJ is upset because he was supposed to have his first flight of Primary on Tuesday, but he didn't get put on the schedule, same for today, he wasn't scheduled. So he is crossing his fingers for tomorrow and so am I! Monday night there was a wife meeting at the airfield where TJ works and we wives got to go hear from the CO/XO's, go in the planes, and go into the sims - it was AWESOME! I really enjoyed myself. TJ really wants to fly P3's - here's a picture:
I found out if he does get to fly the P3's we would move to Jacksonville, FL when he is done with Primary - in 8 weeks! Here is a website to learn what the P3's do and see more pictures of it http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=1100&tid=1400&ct=1 The sims were so cool, there is two sims there that cost just as much as a real plane! You walk in and there is a screen like an I-MAX and there is the cockpit in the middle of the room, the screen turns on and Google Earth is on the screen, so it really looks like you are flying. They let the wives fly too, but as soon as the screen turned on, I was getting motion sick and had to leave (I can't even swing too long on a swing, or I get sick - so I guess I really couldn't be a NAVY pilot!). It was neat hearing all the info they gave us and just meeting other wives in the same boat (plane) as me. Keep your fingers crossed for him to fly tomorrow!!

7 comments:

Maurine said...

You are just trying to move first I know what you are up to! ;) M

Jenn said...

:) Hope he gets to fly soon!

Cula said...

Fun!!! I've always wanted to fly, but i'm really afraid of heights. I hope that plans change and that you can go to convention. I was really looking forward to seeing you.

Holly said...

Wow! I'm like you, though, I would get motion sick.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Adrienne said...

Yay for Stephenie Meyers! My house falls apart when I get into a good book series like that. Sterling is reading the third one right now.

Prescott family said...

Good luck to TJ with flying. Wow! You might move again? Lucky you! :o) Hope everything works out the way you want.... I hate to fly!

I started another blog - this one is for the prescotts, check it out!