Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Cookies!






We baked sugar cookies last night, but I didn't get any of those cookies and I have to have cookies to deliver to our friends, so I stayed up last night making dough. We rolled and baked and decorated this afternoon and then we went delivering to our friends and neighbors. I LOVE sugar cookies. This recipe is the recipe my grandma would make with my mom when she was little, but instead of going to the store and buying the sour cream, they used sour cream from the cows' milk, she grew up on a cattle ranch. So we have been making these cookies for a very long time. Here are some pictures of my little valentine's and I am quite proud of myself I let them decorate a few cookies :) Of course we ate way too many, but that's what you do on days like this. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
Sugar Cookies:
2 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
6 cups flour
Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour. Roll out and bake at 350 for 10 minutes (that makes pretty soft cookies, if you don't like that that soft, bake them longer).
Icing:
1 cups shortening
1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 lb bag of powdered sugar
4 Tbs water
In Kitchen Aid whip first 3 ingredients until smooth, add powdered sugar slowly and mix until it looks dry. Add your water and whip on high for 3-4 minutes - yummy!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

And your cookies are always the best! Now I have your frosting recipe to go with the yummy cookies I've been making for a couple of years :)