Sunday, February 17, 2008

Camera?


I really, really need a new camera. I have been doing a little research, but I thought I would poll you guys and see what camera's you recommend. I am not doing anything professional, but I would like a good camera that will last and that will take nice, clear pictures. I don't like the Sony we have now and it is not even a year old, I think the pictures it takes are awful and it can't take pictures in low light at all, no matter what setting I turn it to. Our first digital camera was a Cannon, we bought that one like 6 years ago and I was pretty happy with it. So, what kind of camera do you have, and do you like it? What camera's can you recommend to me? Thanks!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I had a Nikon Coolpix that I absolutely loved but went bad because it got wet while I was geocaching. Now I'm sharing my husband's Canon Powershot A700. It's fine, I didn't choose it so I haven't put the time and effort into getting to know it. I'll be interested in knowing what you end up with because someday I'll be looking for a new one myself!

Jenn said...

We just got a new camera for Christmas...we went with another Sony Cypershot...I've been very pleased with it. We went into Circuit City and just asked one of the sales people a bunch of questions about a lot of cameras. She advised us to stay away from Kodak...she said they are cheaper for a reason. Cannon is the most popular brand right now and they have some quality cameras as well. Hope you find something you're happy with! :)

*J*E*N* said...

Ok you've got to listen to me here! I made Nicole get the Nikon D40-it is the most inexpensive "real camera" you can buy. It is am SLR which means basicly that the lens comes off but it doesn't have to-it just means that there is this huge lens that zooms in and and out and takes high quality pics. It is around $550 which is alot but it is great for gals like you and Nicole who spend so much time scrapbooking (so you need great pics right?) but can keep it on AUTO the whole time also. They had a commercial a while back where they gave a whole town these cameras and they all became amatuer photog's. I have the D80 which is 2 steps up and I love, love , love it! Ask Nicole about it-Nikon D40

Tonya Ricucci said...

If you want a simple camera that's small, easy to carry around for snapshots and yet takes fabulous photos, I'd go for the most recent camera in the Canon Digital Elph line. We have two of them and LOVE them.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for all the comments! I will let you all know what I decide.