Friday, December 19, 2008

Noteworthy Event


TJ got promoted on Tuesday to Lt. jg. I am so proud of him and all his hard work and dedication. Ok, so that was just a tad sarcastic. For those of you who know us well, you know how hard TJ is really working (hee hee) and that the NAVY automatically promotes you every two years. But, it's still exciting! I am teasing him because instead of having gold bars for Ensign, he has promoted to what looks like silver bars for lt. jg. So, I had to tease him he went from gold down to silver. He says the ensign bars aren't gold, they're bronze, but they look like gold to me! I guess you could say the lt. jg bars are platinum, so he went from gold up to platinum? I don't know, I don't get all the bar stuff. I also got to sew his new patches on his flight suit. This picture is from the winging in October, not from Tuesday, so this uniform doesn't show his new "title." For some reason he wouldn't let me go to his ceremony. He is so unpretentious and insisted "it's not a big deal." Whatever! It so totally is!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations to TJ! Kinda like a Christmas present to be advanced this time of year.

Holly said...

Merry Christmas, Melissa! May you and your family experience God's richest blessings this coming year.