Thursday, December 18, 2008

Frosting the sugar cookies

We finally got around to making our sugar cookies for Christmas. It's a tradition we do every year, but it has been so hot I really haven't felt like baking. Plus it doesn't really "feel" like Christmas. But, we will be flying to Colorado on Monday!!!!! I can't wait to be cold and wear pants, socks, shoes, a sweater AND a coat! (that's instead of wearing shorts and flip flops!) My kids don't even own a coat. I had to call my sisters and tell them to have some hand-me downs ready when we got there. Tyler was too busy playing outside to frost cookies with Brena and I. Brena however, doesn't miss an opportunity for sugar.

4 comments:

Aceves Family said...

Okay so I am looking out my window and all I see is falling snow...it is beautiful and we love to play in it but I could go for flip-flops!!! The snow boots are such a painful necessity and a mess!!! Plus there are the gloves and hats and scarves and socks and...yes mutliplied by 4 kids...summer dress is heaven!!! hee hee

David and Jacquee said...

I am excited that you are able to go home for Christmas! I totally understand how you feel and not having it feel like its Christmas. Merry Christmas and enjoy the snow!

Holly said...

I'll trade you weather. I like it hot. You can have all our snow! See how generous I am - *hehe*. Enjoy your trip.

KC and DL said...

Ooh have fun in Colorado you lucky girl!