Thursday, June 26, 2014

Peter Whitmer Farm - vacation day 5

Thankfully it wasn't raining today - I don't know if I could have handled another day of rain!  We drove out to the Peter Whitmer farm in Waterloo.  I really liked this tour, too.  I loved all the stories the missionary had for us here.  So neat to hear some stories I'd never heard before.  

 The kids had a good time at the visitor's center here.  I did too!

 Loved the paintings hanging here.

After we were done we had a nice picnic lunch out front (Brena couldn't help herself, she had to climb a tree - she is a tree climber!) then headed back to Palmyra.
 We got back to Palmyra and found a park to try and do some geocaching - we didn't have any luck with that cache so we headed to the Martin Harris farm.  This house isn't owned by the church, someone lives there, so you can't go in.  But, the signs say feel free to look all around.  So, we did.



Then it was off to finally use the $20 the nice man gave us for ice cream, and back to the hotel.

No comments: