Sunday, June 22, 2014

Friends and shattered windows....vacation day 1

We left Saturday afternoon and drove to Pennsylvania to stay with long time friends the Curtis family.  I first met Andrea and Ally when Ally was just a brand new baby almost 16 years ago!  They were in the NAVY like us and we hit it off and started running together, doing book club together and hanging out a lot.  I remember babysitting Ally one time while Andrea went somewhere.  She told me to make sure Ally finished her dinner.  I took that literally (I didn't have kids - I didn't know what I was doing!).  Ally had this chicken rice veggie bowl she was supposed to eat and she was so stubborn!  She kept the first and only bite she took in her mouth the entire time her mom was gone - over 2 hours!  I had NO idea what to do!  She seemed to eat her dinner better now :)

Sunday we went to their ward in the afternoon and came home and had a good dinner.  The kids were playing outside and the next thing I knew, the window we were just sitting in front of was broken!  I couldn't believe it!  We went outside and Tyler and Scott were just standing there and Brenalee was no where to be found.  The boys said she wanted Ally to come play with them so she decided to throw a rock at her window to come down... I guess I never taught her that you don't throw rocks at windows???  I thought it was just common sense...

I was HORRIFIED!  They just moved into this new, beautiful house and we broke their window!  I felt SO bad.  They were so calm and collected about it.  They were really a great example of how to show patience and love.  Brenalee hid behind the bushes for a good 30 minutes before she could come out and apologize.  I think she learned a good lesson she won't soon forget, about a few things! 
After that we were able to have some 'smores!  It was a perfect night catching up with friends.  We stayed up WAY too late talking!





1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a great time to spend with the Curtis' despite the window incident.