Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chocolate World - vacation day 3

We were headed up to Rochester today, but decided to go check out Chocolate World and some Amish country before we left PA.  The amount of chocolate at Chocolate World is unbelievable!  The amount of chocolate that Hershey makes a day is unbelievable!  I can't even wrap my brain around that big of an amount of chocolate!

The chocolate ride to learn all about how the chocolate gets made.  It was really interesting.  I'm really impressed with Mr. Hershey - the Milton Hershey school that he started is just amazing!


Can you see those numbers??  That's just what has been made today - and it's only 10am!  CRAZY!



Bristol was having some fun of her own in the shop.

We didn't see this sign until we were on our way out of Hershey:
We then drove over to Bird-In-Hand, PA.  I have always wanted to visit Amish country.  For some reason I'm a little obsessed with them.  My dad's family is from PA, and my grandma raised us on shoe fly pie - which I LOVE!  She always had some Amish books and trinkets around, so I guess I was just always interested in their way of life.  I got to see all kinds of horse drawn carriages and buggy's.  We visited a couple of their shops as well.  Then we headed up to Rochester.  We drove through South Williamsport, PA and Tj was very excited to see that we drove right past the Little League World Series location.  We pulled in and snapped a few photos. We just missed the closing of the museum.  Tj and I both have such fond memories of little league.  We played all our growing up years and that is where we met the summer after 8th grade - at the little league field!



Then it was back into the car to head up to Rochester!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Those numbers are crazy!!