Sunday, April 20, 2014

BodyCombat 59 Initial Training

I LOVE BodyCombat.  I have been taking it for about 4 years.  I had some world class instructors down in Florida, and they inspired me!  They were the best instructors I have ever had.  I decided it was time I became an instructor too!  I have my BodyPump certification already, so why not another Les Mills program??  BodyCombat 59 is awesome.  I love all the music so much.  Training was April 19-20 at Virginia Tech.  That was wonderful because we live across the street - no commute at all!  For BodyPump I had to drive about an hour, which still isn't too bad.  Our trainer for BC was Leslie Ann Quillen.  She is awesome.  I learned so much.  We spent so much time on coaching which will not only help me with BC, but with BP too.  We started at 8am Saturday morning.  Leslie Ann taught the master class the entire way through.  It's been a couple years since I've done an entire hour of BC - I didn't know if I'd be able to do it!  It was rough!  And, I had just had a terrible stomach virus Wednesday and Thursday and I really didn't feel well.  But, I made it.  After the master class we got right into learning.


 We learned all about technique, coaching, and more.  It was so informative.  We also presented our first track that afternoon and got feed back on it.   I knew ahead of time I was going to be teaching tracks 4 & and 5. 

Sunday morning we started right at 8am again.  We started off with Super Hero jeopardy.  It was so much fun and our team won!  I won the bonus question which was to name one of the fighters in the UFC fight the night before.  That was our homework for Saturday night - to watch the UFC fight on FOX.  I had never watched a UFC fight before - I'm hooked!

I was sad I missed Easter Sunday with my family.  But, I didn't really have a choice.  You have to attend training to certify and the trainings are always a Saturday and Sunday.  Right after our jeopardy game we presented our second tracks and got feedback on them.  Then we had more training and information.  We had a Combat challenge that afternoon.  It really was a challenge!  I loved how much time we got to spend working on our form and technique for the hooks, jabs, and kicks.  Very helpful.  Then before I knew it, we presented our second track for the second time, and it was all over!  It went too fast.  We waited in the room while Leslie Ann was in the hall and called people out to give them their final grades.  I passed with a 3/3 - the highest pass.  I felt so good when I walked out to her and right away she said to me "you are really good at this."  That made all the self-doubt, worry and thinking I wasn't good enough go away.  To have a master trainer tell you that, well that's some high praise!


Now to learn the entire release and get fully certified!

No comments: