Thursday, June 3, 2010

Together again

I can't describe what it's like to live without your husband for a year. I don't know what it feels like to not see your daddy for 6+ months. I can tell you it's really hard, there's lots of tears and it's not fun. I can also tell you that this makes it all worth it. THE HOMECOMING! The absolute excitement, joy and adrenaline is fantastic! TJ finally came home May 28. He was scheduled to be home May 27. He called the morning of the 27th and said he wasn't coming home that day. That was a really sad day. But, at least he was only a day late! And, there are still people who haven't even come home yet - so I feel very blessed to have him here with us.
We waited in the hanger for about 1-1.5 hours waiting for the plane. It was just a little bit delayed. Someone had set up tables for the kids with signs they could make for their dads. There was some refreshments and water too. It was nice to talk with the other spouses while we waited. But, it was hard to wait!! Every time we heard a plane we thought "is that them??!!"
Finally the plane landed and was coming in!
Then the plane was at the hanger! Can you see TJ's head up in the window?? It seemed like forever before they opened up the door to let the guys out. Then they opened the door, but a customs agent had to go on board, so we had to wait for all of them to go through customs. Thankfully it didn't take too long - but it felt like it!
And then there he was! Walking across the tarmac in his flight suit - I wanted to run out there so bad, but there was a line we weren't allowed to cross!
Finally he got to us! The kids were SO excited. It was so fun to see their excitement and the joy in their eyes seeing their daddy again. It was a very, very special moment.

The sad thing is that we will have to be doing this again in 18 months... But, for now we will enjoy every minute we can with our very special daddy/husband.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Melissa! Just looking at those pictures it makes me cry. I'm so happy that he is home and safe for now. I wish He didn't have to leave again though.
You are truly a strong woman! I just love you!

Jenn said...

I love these pics! Hope the next 18 months don't go too quickly for you. When do you guys leave on your cruise?

Michele said...

Tears of joy for you guys...yeah! You are so awesome for doing what you do. Enjoy every precious moment of family time!

The McNeil Family said...

Those picture bring tears to my eyes. How sweet it is to see your kids hug there daddy. Enjoy him while he is here. You are amazing women. I look up to women who's husbands serve our country. Thank you ro TJ.

*J*E*N* said...

Honestly, Im crying! You make me appreciate what I take for granted:)

Laura said...

I'm so happy to be following your blog again!!!
I'm excited for you guys that TJ is home!! I can't wait til its my turn to write a blog post just like this!! :)

Adrienne said...

Wow, what a trooper. All of you! I can't imagine living without my husband for a year. Those pictures are amazing.