Sunday, June 27, 2010

Disney Cruise!!!! Day 1

When TJ comes home from deployment we always take a big trip somewhere. This time I had my heart set on going to Germany. Unfortunately, you are not able to get passports for your children unless both parents are present...I guess there's too many parents kidnapping children or something. So, I couldn't get the kids their passports. I have always wanted to take the kids on a Disney Cruise. They have amazing kid areas that you can check your child into from 9am-midnight or later some nights. We thought that would be the perfect vacation - we could be alone when we wanted to, or have the kids when we wanted to. We did a 5-night cruise. We went to the Bahamas and Disney's private island - Castaway Cay. We got to pull into Castaway Cay two different days, so that was quite a treat. WOW does not even describe this vacation. It is worth every penny. It was an amazing experience. In fact, Tyler wouldn't even speak to us for about two days after the cruise because he was angry it was only a 5 night cruise - he wanted a 12 nighter. The kids are still talking about it, and TJ and I are still dreaming about it. Because I have a bazillion pictures I guess the way I'm going to do this is by days. Day 1 - getting on the boat!
Daddy dropped us off at the cruise terminal while he went to park the car. The kids were so antsy to get on the boat.
We made it in the terminal, now we're just waiting for our number to be called.
We headed straight up to the pools as soon as we got on. This one is the Mickey pool with the slide. The kids loved, loved this area. Right behind there is a self-serve soft-serve ice cream machine...pretty sure the kids ate their weight in ice cream! And on the other side was a self-serve drink area. Tyler thought he had died and gone to heaven drinking soda anytime he wanted. I just had to think to myself "it's vacation" let him have fun. Then in the front was the all you can eat pizza...you get the picture, there was food everywhere.

This was the Goofy pool with the Ariel view t.v. always showing Disney movies while you lounged in the pool.

Tyler heading down the slides...

My big head blocking Ariel...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH WOW! What fun- 5 days? I think that is GREAT! :)
Those pics look AMAZING.

Megan said...

So cool! I can't wait to live thru you as you post your pictures day by day :-) Love your new family photo at the top too, so laid back and fun!

Prescott family said...

Oh how fun! I've always wanted to go on a Disney cruise... I heard their private island is really cool too. Although I think my kids are a little too old for it now! :(

I'm glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Jenn said...

Isn't the lido deck the best?!?!? Seriously, a cruise is definitely the way to take a vacation. Can't wait to see more pictures :)