Monday, June 28, 2010

Disney Cruise!!!! Day 2

Day 2 found us at Disney's private island in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay (pronounced key). It was fabulous! Only Disney cruisers are allowed on the island. They have an adult only beach so if you want to drop your kids of at kid camp on the beach you can do that, then head on over to the adult beach. Yes, they have kid camp on the boat and on the beach! They have this water slide out in the ocean that the kids went up and down most the day. There was also another beach with a rope climbing area and other water activity fun. There was snorkeling which TJ did - I didn't do it because he said it wasn't as good as Hanauma Bay in Hawaii, so I didn't bother leaving my sunbathing chair :) Once again, there was food everywhere! It was so nice not ever having to worry about carrying any cash for food or anything because it's all included in the cost of your cruise!

The gorgeous aqua water...

The slides...




TJ stole my float!



This is the Flying Dutchman boat from Pirates of the Caribbean! I saw Jack Sparrow but didn't get in line soon enough to get my picture with him :(
Of course there were Disney characters and princesses everywhere!

Also, on this night they put Toy Story 3 in 3D in the Walt Disney Theatre! I was glad we hadn't gone to see it yet - seeing it for free was awesome! I cried it was so good!

3 comments:

Michele said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm so glad you're thoroughly enjoying being back together as a family. YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one, I have to admit. I cried at Toy Story 3 also! Your vacation looks amazing. Great pictures.

TheGefrom5 said...

oh my gosh!!!that is so cool they showed the new movie ther!! I am sooooo glad you are postign your trip! We have wanted to take the kids ona disney cruiise and this past April mark and I went on a cruise to bahamas and saw the ship and he finally said, "We gotta take the kids" yeha! So now I can show hima ll the A-MA0Zing pixcs you tooks and things they have for the kids...AND adults!! :) oh, ps, i totally cried tooo on toy story 3, loved it!!