Thursday, April 23, 2009

Green quilt

I haven't been able to sleep well in a week. I am so tired, but the good news is I finished the quilt top for Tyler's teacher. It doesn't have a name yet, poor baby.

Yes, things changed. TJ will be going to Maine and I will go visit with the kids, but we will not be moving to Maine. I was dead set that I was moving to Maine in June and back here next May. But the more we thought about it, we (I - because TJ already knew this) decided it was best for the kids and I to just stay put. I think I mentioned that the base in Maine is being closed down, and the squadrons are all getting moved down here to J'ville. So after TJ's deployment, he will come back here. I have the best church family here, they are awesome and a huge support to me and I didn't want to leave that. Tyler will stay at the same school. I didn't ever want to settle down this early. I wanted to move every 3 or so years. But I guess the economy changed that plan. They shouldn't advertise "Join the NAVY and see the world" anymore!

6 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sounds like things are working out well with a new home and staying in Jville. I know it will be difficult to be apart for a year.

Laura said...

It'll be tough being away from each other for that long, but in the long run, you'll be happy you did it! You guys are so strong! Everything happens for a reason :)

KC and DL said...

Oh my gosh! What a hard time you guys are going through. I can't imagine. Sorry!

New houses are fun though! You need to get a dog with a new house you know. I don't think it is too hard to find a good one, just get a mutt, they are the nicest.

Oh and don't kill the snakes for heaven sake, play with them! :)

Aceves Family said...

Sometimes not getting what we want works out the best...although I really get how not getting one's own way can be hard to take!!! It sounds like it is all working out. Best of luck!!

Deborah said...

Does this mean that after Maine TJ will be stationed in JAX for a few years-indefinitely?
We've been moving every 2 years and it's been fun, but now that the kids are getting older, I kind of want to settle down. Maybe now's the chance.

*J*E*N* said...

Melissa!!!!! I've been out of the blogging loop so I just got caught up with all of your news -WOW!!!! All I can say is that everytime something has not worked for me (especially with my husbands job) I have looked back and said "oh that's why". I really think you will love being settled in your OWN home. I love the property!!!!