Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Foil lining

I don't think there is any silver lining in having your husband gone from you for a year. So I'll call this a foil lining. I have been digging in my heels on this, I still am not 100% sure I wanted to do this, but T.J. was 110% sure and kept wooing me with granite counter tops, wood flooring, 4.5% interest rate, etc. So I took the plunge and did it. The building on our house will begin next month and we will close on it on July 26! I will be doing all the closing by myself. I don't even know when T.J. will see the house. I hope he likes the colors I choose :)




We will have no houses behind us. We are at the very end of the cul-de-sac. I don't think you could ask for more. And oh yeah, it's our first home so we get that $8,000 next year on our taxes. That swayed me a little too. And T.J. talked the NAVY into coming and packing us up and moving us too, which is a huge relief. I'll post more pictures as the house goes up.

13 comments:

Deborah said...

That is so exciting!

Michele said...

Okay, I'm feeling really out of the loop...I thought you were moving to Maine!? Is TJ going alone? Is your house there in FL? Email me & fill me in! It sounds like your life certainly isn't boring! Love ya!

David and Jacquee said...

This is HUGE! I am so excited for you guys! What a fun project you have ahead of you.

Patty said...

I agree with Michele; I thought you were moving! Now I'm lost.

Jenn said...

Exciting times!!!!

Prescott family said...

Congratulations!! But where is this house going to be? I'm feeling as confused as Michele... Details, I want details!!!
Andrea

*Melinda* said...

We too are buying our first house. we close on May 14th. It is alot to learn when you buy a house. You ae a stronge women! You can do it! Congrats!

Megan said...

WOW. That is a big step. It will be a crazy one but exciting doing things for your new home as it goes up also. Hang in there. Beautiful land btw.

Kendra said...

Melissa, that's amazing!!! Congratulations! I know you'll pick pretty colors :)

Holly said...

Congratulations on your new house! This is a good time to be buying/building. This year is going to go by so fast - just you wait and see. So happy for you.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to build a new house. That is something I have always wanted to do! Hopefully time will go by fast while you are busy w/ your new home! I know it's hard trying to be a "single mom" for a while; "this too shall pass" is what I always tell myself.

The Curtis Clan said...

I think you are making the right choice. It will be hard, but you are tuff and you'll do just fine. Plus, you have an awesome home ward (unlike some of us). Just a thought, you need to get a specific power attorney for closing on the house. The general one doesn't work. Be sure to talk to the base attorney's about it. I had a friend who didn't get the right one, and it caused tons of trauma at closing (her husband was on a sub - HUGE mess)!!!

Aceves Family said...

congrats!!! Good luck!! This is very exciting news and I am so happy for you guys...how fun a new house will be!!