Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I usually get what I want....

I have to say that in my 31 years of life, I have always gotten what I wanted. I know that might sound...umm...spoiled. But it's true. I am not used to not getting what I want. So, for the first time in my life I am not getting what I want and I am really, mad, or sad, or upset - not sure the right word for it. So two weeks ago we were told we were moving to Hawaii. I am sure y'all know how excited we all were. This morning we were told that because Obama cut 10 billion from the military, they are not sending families to Hawaii as of now. So we are now moving to Maine on June 2 or something like that. Yes, Maine. Then we will be moving back down to Jacksonville in a year from now...does that make any sense??? How in the heck does that save them any money? And TJ will be leaving for deployment (6 months) in November this year. So TJ's poor single (but engaged) classmate who wanted to go to Maine is now going to HI in our place. I guess things can change again, but it's not likely. At least I can be cold...

15 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry! Very frustrating!

Cula said...

That really sucks! I'm sorry, atlwast you'll get awesome lobster at a great price. I may have to come visit you just for the lobster.

Unknown said...

I don't eat any fish or anything from the sea!

Megan said...

I am sorry Melissa. I would be fustrated too. Like you said, up until you leave, it could change again. On the positive side.... Maine is beautiful.

Kendra said...

When Rob told me I needed to go read your blog I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I am so sorry for you guys! I know nothing about Maine, so I have no encouraging words for you. But you should totally mail us some lobster ;)

I want to come play, I have to find some time. I promise I'll call you.

Unknown said...

That stinks! I am sorry!

David and Jacquee said...

That is terrible news! I am so sorry. I cannot believe that they would do that to you guys. That makes me so sad. I guess the bright side is that you get to see the pretty fall colors up there. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

OOHH! Melissa I'm so sorry. I know you were super excited about moving to Hawaii. So does this mean that you won't even be in Maine for a year and then move back to FL? That will be hard w/Tyler in school. Very frustrating!!

Prescott family said...

Uh Melissa - I usually get what I want too... so I feel your pain. What a contrast - Hawaii to Maine. Poor thing!
Well, everyone wanted change with Obama, I guess no one bothered to ask what kind of change!!!
Sorry to hear I won't be visiting after all :o)

Kimberly Smith said...

Hmmm...don't know what I should say. I lived in the northeast in upstate NY for 7.5 yrs. I gotta tell you...it's all beautiful country! I could probrably get to the north faster with all of us to see you...so sign us up as visitors.

Barbie and Craig said...

BOO! SO very, very frustrating!!! I am sorry, friend! I would be mad, mad, mad!

Dave said...

Hey Mel-
Dave told me what happened. I'm so sorry for your fam. I know this sucks for you. Try to find the silver lining. Not sure what it is, but there is always at least one, you just have to find it. Heidi

Holly said...

Wow, I am so sorry for you guys. I hear Maine is very nice, though, and I know someday the year spent there will also be part of your "the good old days".

Kimberly Smith said...

Caleb said that the crystal clear water and coconut oil suntans are highly overated! He also said
"would you really want to wear a grass skirt?" and last but not least...Lilo & Stitch are not there ...their at Disneyworld.

Amelia Murdock said...

dang that Obama!!! money for everything else but the military