Thursday, April 9, 2009

Potato soup

I have a few potato soup recipes that I really like. But, I think this one might be my favorite. I got this from my mother-in-law, it's something T.J. grew up eating. The kids gobbled it down too.

Potato Soup:
6 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
2 leeks, washed and cut into bite-size pieces - didn't have any, so didn't use any
5 cups water
2 onions, chopped
pepper
1 carrot, pared and sliced
1 tablespoon salt
4 bouillon cubes - used chicken kind
1/3 cup butter
(1) 13 oz. can evaporate milk
chopped chives - didn't have any so didn't use any
sausage (optional) I prefer it without - so the first night we ate it we didn't have sausage in it. The second night we ate it we put some sausage in it.
Put all ingredients except evaporated milk and chives in Crockpot. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours. (High:3-4 hours.) If desired, mash potatoes with mashed before serving. Serve topped with chopped chives.
You can also cook this on top of the stove. You'll need more water-just see how much when you add the veggies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds SUPER YUMMY!

Adrienne said...

Ooo crock-pot friendly? Not wallowing in cream? Perfection!