Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Granola Recipe

I have another recipe I wanted to share. I usually eat this for my cereal every morning. It is very good and I like that it uses wheat flour in it. If you like granola, you will love this! Here it is.

4 c quick oats
1 c white wheat flour
1 c coconut
1/2 c sliced almonds
1/2 c honey
3 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs oil


Mix first 4 ingredients together in a big bowl. In small saucepan combine last 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until very well blended. Spread onto a large greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes or until it is the crunchy consistency you like. I usually bake mine for 30 minutes and I stir it at every 10 minutes. I let it cool and then put it in a big Tupperware container. Then I eat it as my morning cereal with milk on it. Yummy!! Enjoy :o) You can also add other dried fruits and nuts if you want, just experiment with it. I also will give it to the kids as a dry snack, they love it too.

No comments: